Thanks to Vanessa at http://romancedonewrite.wordpress.com for this lovely nomination! She’s incredibly talented and has a wonderful blog.If you love writing, romance, and YA fiction, you should really check her out (if you haven’t already).
Here are the rules:
· Compose a one-time post on a specific Monday.
· Give them the rules and a specific Monday to post by. My nominees can post on Monday, May 11th if they’d like.
· Pass the tour on to up to four other bloggers.
· Answer four questions about your creative process which lets other bloggers and visitors know what inspires to do what you do.
On to the questions!
1. What’s are you working on at the moment?
I’ve been working on a YA novel that is based on the tv show Supernatural. This has been my WIP for the last two years so I guess you could say I’m a little slow. I’ve finished my first draft and I’m tweaking it right now.
2. How does your work differ from others in your genre?
Oh gosh. I don’t know if it does. I guess what I’m attempting to do with this, is to expand upon the mythology behind the show. None of my characters are perfect, but I hope they’re ones that readers will be able to relate to.
3. Why do you write or create what you do?
I have had my nose in one book or another since childhood, and they’ve brought me such pleasure over the years. They’ve transported me to wonderful places and introduced me to characters that I wish I could meet in real life. If my work ever gets published, and it makes even one reader feel the same way, I will consider it a success.
4. How does your writing/creative process work?
When I’m first beginning a writing project, I handwrite it first, and then transfer it to a computer. I know this sounds like I’m making more work for myself, and I am. There’s just something about sitting in front of a pc that kills my creative process. I’ve tried it several times and it just doesn’t work. When I was in college, I had to write all my papers this way, even my thesis! I also have to have music playing softly in the background. The type of music depends on what I’m writing. Right now I’m listening to classic 70s rock, and groups like Evanescence, One Republic, Rise Against, and Imagine Dragons.
So, that’s it for me. Here are my nominees:
Emma @ http://emmakwall.com
Jonathan & Aaron @ http://husbandandhusband.net